Born and raised in San Francisco, Dr. James Han is fulfilling his lifelong dream of serving his home community. A product of San Francisco's public schools, he graduated from Lowell High School and attended the University of San Francisco, where he graduated with honors in Biology and also competed as an NCAA Division I athlete (he loves it when people guess which sport). Dr. Han then attended the University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) where he earned his dental doctorate and graduate business degrees (DDS/MBA) in conjunction with the University of San Francisco Graduate School of Management.
Deeply inspired by preventative dental medicine, Dr. Han completed his residency in pediatric dentistry at New York University and Bellevue Hospital Center. While in New York City, he enjoyed treating the unique needs of a diverse and bustling metropolitan community. After returning to his home neighborhood, he looks forward to sharing his passion in helping families play an active part in their own preventative oral health care. Every year, Dr. Han volunteers with the San Francisco Department of Public Health in screening hundreds of Kindergarteners at SFUSD schools.
Dr. Han is board-certified by the American Board of Pediatric Dentistry and maintains hospital privileges at California Pacific Medical Center (CPMC). Dr. Han also serves part-time as an Assistant Clinical Professor at UCSF.
On his free time, Dr. Han enjoys spending time with family & friends, movie-going, reading non-fiction, hiking, and cheering on Bay Area sports teams.
- Basic Life Support (American Heart Association)
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (American Heart Association)
- Dental License (Dental Board of California)
- Oral Conscious Sedation Permit (Dental Board of California)
- Board Certified – Pediatric Dentistry (American Board of Pediatric Dentistry)
- College of Diplomates, American Board of Pediatric Dentistry
- American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry
- American Dental Association
- California Dental Association
- California Society of Pediatric Dentistry
- San Francisco Dental Society